Friday 14 October 2011

Script draft 1



INT. DOORWAY. DAY

Door opens on OFFICER standing at the door (looking gloomy) .

OFFICER

I’m sorry



INT. ROOM. DAY

GRACE sitting down looking at camera.

GRACE (NARRATOR)

Despite all of the arguments and bad times we had, through all the money problems that we had to face, I wish I prayed for him instead of thinking about the money.



ELIPSE OF TIME



INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY

GRACE and STUART arguing and shouting at each other about their financial problems.

GRACE (NARRATOR)

I hated all of the pointless arguments we had together. I said too many things I didn’t mean and regret saying to him.



INT. KITCHEN. DAY

Bills racking up on the table, GRACE scratching a scratch card.



GRACE (NARRATOR)

Our money problems got so bad; I had to resort to my luck. I was getting restless.



INT. DOORWAY. DAY

STUART leaving to go to war in Afghanistan.

GRACE (NARRATOR)

And then he left. If only I knew this was the last time



INT. BEDROOM. NIGHT

GRACE kneeling next to bed, praying to God.

GRACE

Dear God, I wish we had more money together so we could be happy



INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY

GRACE sitting down in living watching TV, having a cup of tea. News comes on about bomb going off in STUART’s regiment.



INT. DOORWAY. DAY

Knock at the door. Door opens on OFFICER standing at the door (looking gloomy).

OFFICER

I’m sorry



INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY

OFFICER comforting GRACE, but she is crying.

GRACE (NARRATOR)

This was probably the worst moment of my life. This was the misfortune fortune.



ELIPSE OF TIME



INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY

Picture of STUART in a frame on the mantel piece. Zoom out to see her crying sitting down in the living room.

TITLES





No comments:

Post a Comment