Friday 14 October 2011

Script draft 2-FINAL

INT. DOORWAY. DAY
Door opens on OFFICER standing at the door (looking gloomy) .
OFFICER
I’m sorry

FADES TO
INT. ROOM. DAY
GRACE sitting down looking at camera.
GRACE (NARRATOR)
Despite all of the arguments and bad times we had, through all the money problems that we had to face, I wish I prayed for him instead of thinking about the money.

FADES TO
ELIPSE OF TIME/TITLE

GRACE (NARRATOR)
And this is how it all began

INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY
GRACE and STUART arguing and shouting at each other about their financial problems.
GRACE (NARRATOR)
I hated all of the pointless arguments we had together. I said too many things I didn’t mean and regret saying to him.

INT. KITCHEN. DAY
Montage of bills racking up on the table, GRACE scratching a scratch card, filling out lottery tickets.
GRACE (NARRATOR)
Our money problems got so bad; I had to resort to my luck. I was getting restless.

INT. DOORWAY. DAY
STUART leaving to go to war in Afghanistan.
GRACE (NARRATOR)
And then he left. If only I knew this was the last time

INT. BEDROOM. NIGHT
GRACE kneeling next to bed, praying to God.
GRACE
Dear God, I wish we had more money together so we could be happy

INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY
GRACE sitting down in living watching TV, having a cup of tea. News comes on about bomb going off in STUART’s regiment.

INT. DOORWAY. DAY
Knock at the door. Door opens on OFFICER standing at the door (looking gloomy).
OFFICER
I’m sorry

INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY
OFFICER comforting GRACE, but she is crying.
GRACE (NARRATOR)
This was probably the worst moment of my life. This was the misfortune of fortune.
 FADES TO
ELIPSE OF TIME

INT. LIVING ROOM. DAY
Picture of STUART in a frame on the mantel piece. Zoom out to see her crying sitting down in the living room.

TITLES

We chose to edit the first script slightly because we were not sure that our film would meet the brief given and be around the duration of five minutes. Also, we thought that putting a little more narration in the script, so we could explain the narrative a bit more and it would allow us to not use a lot of dialogue and scores, to be able to follow the conventions of short film. Furthermore, we chose not to script the argument, so instead we will have a montage of clips with them arguing. Moreover, as we were concerned about the running time of our short film, we added another montage of Grace filling out lottery tickets and trying her luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment